Holy Nativity is ground zero for environmental activism:
- ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE-MAKERS (ECM), a group of grassroots movers and shakers who meet the fourth Thursday of each month in the Community Hall, committed to taking steps to make a difference for the planet on an individual basis. We have speakers, discussion, and movies about sustainability, community-building, local resilience, and positive environmental successes.
- TRANSITION LOS ANGELES (TLA), a group of local citizens who are working to transition our society from our current high-energy, high-consumption lifestyles toward our inevitable lower powered future.
- COMMUNITY GARDEN: In January 2008, Holy Nativity, along with the Environmental Change-Makers and Urban Farming, created a community garden on the church grounds. The garden is tended cooperatively and is maintained as a teaching garden to share the skills of how to grow food. We offer lost-cost organic vegetable gardening classes one or two Saturdays a month. The vegetables harvested from the garden go to Food Pantry LAX.
- HARVEST WESTCHESTER, an outreach program of the Community Garden, goes into the community to pick up/harvest local backyard fruit trees, which are then transported to Food Pantry LAX for distribution.
Holy Nativity is home to:
- LiveYoga Wellness Center, a seven-day-a-week yoga and wellness studio that offers yoga classes and wellness seminars
- Sangeet School of World Music, a school for world music that brings quality multicultural arts programming and ongoing classes for all ages, including special workshops by visiting international artists.
- Weight Watchers, a group that meets each Tuesday and provides a realistic program for healthful living.
- World Community for Christian Meditation, a global spiritual community founded on the teachings of Benedictine monk John Main, which offers seminars and retreats on the principles of contemplative living. )
- Zen Circle Westchester, a Zen meditation group that meets each Wednesday evening to practice Zen meditation (zazen) and mindfulness.